A bride dies in her sleep on her wedding night, right here in my home town of Salt Lake City, but the story comes out really weird from the nightly news -- like the whole story was told. Now three months later the rest of the story comes out that Jennifer Bennett Goodall died of a prescription drug overdose. The drug was methadone and Goodall was a spokesperson for anti-drug awareness campaigns alongside the Governer's wife.
Goodall died Dec. 24 from "acute methadone toxicity," said Salt Lake City police spokesman Jeff Bedard. That finding was made by a medical examiner who also labeled her death a case of prescription abuse, Bedard said.
Apparently Goodall had lost custody of her children due to drug abuse and was trying to get on with her life. But like too many other abusers seeking help she was either over prescribed or over medicating herself.
The medical examiner database lists 113 deaths in 2006 where methadone was a factor, up significantly from 26 such deaths in 2000.
The 2006 total could increase further as the medical examiner's office receives the results of pending toxicology tests.
Grey has said the increase in deaths from methadone and other prescription drugs has been driven by a combination of people taking too much medication to treat pain and by physicians prescribing too much medication. Methadone can be particularly deadly, health experts say, because it remains in the blood stream longer than most other opiates.
- April Wedding Shows
- The Invitation from Jeff & Natasha
- Tiffany Gold from Utah Mine
- Lucky Wedding Date 7-7-7
- Fashion Show Booty Shaking Contest
- Going to Press with the Hawaii Bridal Expo Magazine
- New Wedding Expo the Magazine Coming January 2007
- Something for the Grooms
- What to expect out of a wedding show