We just finished our fall round of the Wedding Expos! A great time was had by all....... smiling brides, happy vendors, beautiful displays, yummy food samples and of course fashion shows with all the latest fashions! What more would you ask for?
We ended our show season with the Portland / Vancouver Wedding Expo held twice annually the first weekend of October and January at the Clark County Event Center in Ridgefield, WA. We had two fashion shows per day featuring all the latest Bridal fashions from David's Bridal and MW Tux. You can see Brad Buckles, producer of the expos, was having a great time just before the fashion show.
Walking through the aisles, you were sure to find what you were looking for in the perfect wedding. There were a wide variety of vendors available. There were outstanding photographers such as William James Photography, who won the booth award for the best booth. You could find unique services like He Brews Espresso, who is a coffee catering company and won best new product. You could even get your hair done at The Wedding Stylist's booth, who took home the award for best new vendor! The pound cake samples were to die for at the Blackstone Grill booth who proved to be a favorite with the vendors.... they won the Merchant's Choice award!
No matter where you were in the show, you were surrounded with all the help you need to plan your wedding and your honeymoon! You could even play dress up with a Tiara as Kathy did at The Unique, who had a wide variety of headpieces and other accessories available!
Whatever type of wedding you choose to plan, be sure to stop by a Wedding Expo in your area! You'll find everything you need all in one place and have a great time doing it!
10 tips for managing Wedding Stress
1. Expect Stress: Try to plan and then respond to issues as they come up. If you have planned, you will be less likely to react instead of respond.
2. Set realistic expectations: You cannot please everyone!
3. Don't expect perfection! Expect a "terrific" day...
4. Try meditation or visualization if you are feeling particular pressure or stress about an event or element of your wedding
5. Take a walk! Exercise is the best way to combat stress.
6. You know those people who are really good at pushing your buttons? Limit your time with them, or stay away from them during extremely stressful times.
7. Take a break and do something fun together if you and your fiancé reach your stress threshold.
8. Be aware that if your parents are acting a little strange it could be "separation anxiety". It can be hard to let go.
9. Do not try to do everything yourself. Delegate to people you can trust.
10. Don't forget to spend extra time on your relationship during the planning process. Planning the wedding is important, of course, but it is a minute compared to the lifetime you will be together
The Hawaii Bridal expo contest –This Wedding's the BOMB!
Bridesclub.com and The morning show at KDDB want you to be video star!
Submit your video to BRIDESCLUB.COM showing us why you deserve THE BOMB WEDDING!!
The morning show team at KDDB will record the first BOMB wedding video to give you the idea how it's done. Then YOU submit your own videos to Bridesclub.com and in the end we will choose 5 finalists to be guests at the Hawaii Wedding expo on Friday July 25th where one winner will be chosen.
Contestants will be on stage with Rella ( from KDDB's morning show) as she presents the videos.
The crowd will decide the Grand Prize Winner.
And what a prize!!!
WEDDING PLANNING, TUXEDO RENTALS, BRIDAL GOWN RENTALS, BRIDESMAID DRESSES, FLORISTS, WEDDING CAKE, D.J'S., MAKEUP ARTIST, CATERING SERVICES, VIDEO RECORDING, PARTY FAVORS, BRDAL ACCESSORIES, INVITATIONS, PHOTO BOOTH SERVICES, REHEARSAL DINNERS - ALL ADD UP TO THE BOMB WEDDING!!!
So send in your videos to email@example.com and tell us why your wedding should be the BOMB!!